Saturday, June 28, 2014

A weight off my shoulders


The Handmade Cooperative
Some of you may know this, some may not - Since 2011 I have been the Editor of the Handmade Cooperative; a blog devoted to promoting Australian handmade products for children.  The Handmade Cooperative was started in 2009 by Dianne Fisher and the genesis of idea to create this blog came from the then madeit.com forum.  

For the past 3 years I've been leading this group and I have loved every moment and challenge.  I've seen the handmade industry grow and change, I've seen business come and go and I've seen other businesses bloom into profitable and creative enterprises.  I've also learnt a lot about blogging, html coding, branding, magazine advertising and much much more.

In March 2013 the company my husband was working for ceased operating.  This came as a shock to Brett and I.  In the May of 2013 I re-joined the workforce to support my family, this took me away from my role as stay-at-home Mum, Crochet Lady and One-day-a-week Shop Gal at Sew Good Knit Too (See this blog post for more). Since May 2013 I have been working 4 days a week, running the Handmade Cooperative and C Percy Designs.  Recently my contract was extended  and with that I realized that I needed to hand over the Handmade Cooperative to another person as I simply don't have time to keep in running efficiently and effectively. 

Good News
On Friday I handed over the running of the cooperative to the talented Kate Waters from Kaetoo Canvas. Kate has been a member of the Coop for the last 12 months and she is an active member of the Madeit Group on Facebook.  She blogs regularly (www.kaetoo.blogspot.com.au) and most importantly she is fresh, keen and ready to take on the Cooperative.  I'm sure Kate will do a fantastic job and I must admit I am felt a huge weight come off my shoulders when Kate said 'Yes'.

Thank you Kate and my fellow coop members for the past 3+ years.  

3 comments:

Kate said...

Looking forward to it, Christine, and I'm glad you are feeling free-er! Best wishes.

Fiona Holmes said...

You have been amazing Christine, I look forward to joining Kate in the next journey for the Handmade Cooperative xx

Kylie - Handmade Kids said...

It's been great working with you Christine via the Handmade Coop!

Wish you all the best with a little less on your plate :)

Kylie @ Handmade Kids

And welcome to Kate!