Thursday, June 27, 2013

Another finished project


Sorry for the terrible photo - it was taken late Tuesday night after I blocked the finished blanket.

This is one of the projects I've been working on this month.  Its a personalized fillet pram blanket which uses the filet crochet technique.  I based my pattern on a cross stitch pattern I found on the internet and made the necessary change to turn it into a crochet pattern.  The N in the middle of the bears tummy is for Nicolas, the little newborn lad this blanket was made for.

I know filet crochet is usually reserved for crochet thread and are usually smaller in size but I think its ideal for pram blankets.

What is Filet Crochet? 


As stated on Wikipedia Filet Crochet is
"Filet crochet is a type of crocheted fabric. This type of crocheted lace is grid-like because it uses only two crochet stitches: the chain stitch and the double crochet stitch (U.S. terminology; known in some other countries as chain stitch and treble).
Filet crochet is most often worked from a graph or a symbol diagram. Patterns are created by combining solid and open meshes, usually working the design in solid meshes and the background in open meshes. The size of the space is determined by the number of chain stitches between each double stitch.[2] Filet crochet may also be worked by alternating chain stitches with another type of crochet stitch such as (U.S. terminology) half double or triple crochet, and may be worked from yarn instead of thread."

If you would like to commission a blanket please email me at cpercydesigns@aanet.com.au.

Please note that I only take on one blanket per month and blankets take approx 4-6 weeks to complete.  

1 comment:

Monification said...

Can I just say - as the mother of that Nicholas lad - this blanket made my day when it came in the post. It's just gorgeous! Thank you so much - and thank you to his Auntie Rachael as well :) Monica