Instead of writing about the last few weeks I thought I'd share a selection of instagram photos ~ as you can see its been pretty busy.
If you want to follow me on Instagram I'm #cpercydesigns.
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Sunday, October 21, 2012
The above photo shows one of the restored sections. The motif in the middle is the one I inserted, you can't hardly tell which is the new one!
So there you have it, one thread crocheted tablecloth restored to its former glory. My work here is now done.
Sunday, October 14, 2012
|Joining the first corner of the new motif.|
I started with the first corner, this was easy as I simply had to double crochet into the loop that had already been created, this loop already had the 3 corner motifs joined.
|Two corners and two sides completed.|
|Joining all 4 corners together|
|Excuse the extreme close up of my leg, I was sitting on the floor to make sure the |
weight of the tablecloth wouldn't unravel any of the exposed stitches.
I then worked on the side chain spaces. Again I inserted my hook through the exposed stitches to secure theme.
|This photo was taken my Miss H (3 years), its of me joining the last corner. |
What a clever little poppet she is.
Sunday, October 07, 2012
To be honest I hate this part! It seems so unnatural to me to cut crochet, it makes me sick to the stomach. One wrong cut and I could ruin this beautiful tablecloth.
I decided to start with the easy side, that is the side were the final round is affixed to the adjoining motif with a double crochet into the other motifs chain stitches.
Then I painstakingly cut the next side, this is a bit tricky as I need to cut the damage motif so I can pull the chain stitches through the stitches on the adjoining motif. The issue here is that the stitches from the adjoining motif can now easily come apart and unravel, if this happens I will need to replace that motif as well.
Luckily for me my slow methodical work resulted in none of these exposed stitches unravelling. I cut the cut the rest of damaged motif out and I will uses these two tiny stitches when I affix the new motif.
Like the side stitches, I carefully cut the material so I could slip the corner chain stitches through these 3 corners. When I join the corner of my new motif, I will inset my hook through all 3 corners and will slip stitch them and the new motif together.
Above are the other two cut out sections - the change in tablecloth colour is due to these pictures being taken a few hours apart. Due to the dame of the 3rd motif I had to remove and recreate two motifs.