Sunday, November 25, 2012

New Project: Giving new life to 70's Patterns




Over my enforced break from C Percy Designs (aka Summer Holidays) I am going to be working on making items from this 1970's pattern book I borrowed from Alison at SewGood/KnitToo!


First up I'm going to make this cute poncho.  A few weeks back I asked my Facebook "Likers" what colours I should use.  I got a some great suggestions and over the next week or so I'm going to make up 11 squares in the suggested colour combinations to see which combo I like best.

Suggested colour combos:
  1. Hot pink and light grey
  2. pink and teal
  3. Pink! with grey borders
  4. Apple green & hot pink
  5. Dusty pink, dark purple or pale blue.
  6. Chocolate brown and a pale green
  7. brown & dark pink 
  8. dusty orange flowers and light brown
  9. Turquoise and purpl
  10. purple, pink and white
  11. Chartruse flowers on a purple background
I'll keep you posted on my progress!

Christine












2 comments:

wini said...

Hi Christine, Thank you for entering my giveaway and for the FB follow. I am following you on FB now too as well as pinterest :) LOVE the gorgeous poncho pattern. My mum crocheted me a poncho when I was a child and it was one of my fave items of clothing. The colours were two shades of orange and yellow.. very retro. Looking forward to seeing your progress shots. Your daughter is a lucky girl!! Wini

C Percy Designs said...

Thank you Wini for your lovely comments. I'm really enjoying making this poncho and I think I may even have a limited range for sale in Winter 2013.