Sunday, September 30, 2012

Part 2: Restoring damaged tablecloth

As you know I've been given the honour of restoring this beautiful tablecloth.


Before I cut this delicate fabric, I have been using the hook and cotton provided to make a few test motifs to get an understanding of the pattern and how they are attached to each other.  


So far i'm pretty happy, my tension is there abouts the same as Betty's and I've now got a handle on how the motifs is constructed and joined together.  The final row is going to be tricky as this is the row that affixes the motifs together.  This means I have to be pretty careful when I cut the damaged motifs out and I'll have to work the final row holding the heavy tablecloth and making sure I don't unravel any stitches from the undamaged motifs.  

Christine

No comments: