Sunday, September 09, 2012

I nearly cried to 'Creep' by Radiohead



Its Saturday night.

It's my son's 6th birthday.

I'm at McDonald's eating my dinner (if that is what you call it) before I get back into the car and drive the last leg of my journey home.  Home, the place I should have been today. My son will be well asleep when I get there, at least he liked the Lego X Wing that I bought him.

It's been a full on week, I'm at information overload.  I miss my Husband terribly and he hasn't even left for his trip yet, though I haven't really seen him in days.

Its been a crazy amazing week.  And the next two weeks will be just as full on.

Oh McDonald's you hold so many memories, first job, fun times, first real love, confusion, routine, structure, friendship, work ethic.  When I have a bad dream, it usually involves me being in a rush to McDonalds to get to work on time or the fact that I've forgotten I had a shift.

Boy I'm tired.

I'm not looking forward to the journey home because the winds are strong and they keep hitting the car with such force that it moves it slightly into the next lane.

I nearly died today while crossing a road in Sydney.  I've lived in regional NSW for way too long as I've forgotten how to cross busy streets, I'm so not use to traffic.


There have been a few "take-aways" from this week - one of them was that I was a pretty cool 17 year old and not all, to be honest probably none of my ex boyfriends are jerks.  I use to say "you have to kiss a lot of toads to find your Prince" - I think I'll have to amend that saying to "One persons' toad is another persons' Prince".  Thank you 17 year old me, you made some good decisions back then, they weren't easy but I'm glad you made them.

Good night.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: