Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sunflowers and Ladybugs

Around this time last year I create the Casey Beanie.  I wanted to make a great looking beanie that wasn't pink.  I have always loved sunflowers and I love this sunflower pattern as each petal has a life of its own.  The very first Casey was made as a gift for the daughter of our good friends Bek and Kieran.


This year Casey's Mum requested a pink and purple Lady Beetle Beanie.  As its been a pretty busy winter for C Percy Designs, I decided to see if anyone else had already come up with a great design.  After a bit of searching I found Megan Nadalet's blog 'Crochet Everyday.  On her blog she kindly shared her 'Ladybug Hat Pattern'. 

As the beanie I was making was for a child, I simply used my basic pattern and used the design concepts that Megan came up with, simple yet effective.  I did not add the antennas as Bek preferred the beanie without them. 

I think it looks pretty good!


Note: This beanie was made as a gift and is not for sale. 


2 comments:

robyn lee said...

Just gorgeous Christine...you are a very clever hooker!
Robyn Lee x

robyn lee said...

Just gorgeous Christine...you are a very clever hooker!
Robyn Lee x