Saturday, May 26, 2012

Watermelon, Watermelon, I like you, Like Watermelon

I got hold of a great watermelon pink wool a earlier this year. I had used it to make a 'read all about it' cap that matched one of Billymac Clothing's new winter tees but I wasn't sold on the colour.


When a customer challenged me to make her a bright coloured Skater Girl beanie I knew that I wanted to use this wool but what colours would I use with this bright pink wool?

Luckily for me I have a large stash of wool - we don't have a linen press here in Percyland we have a Wool Press!  This does mean that our sheets and towels are squirrel into various cupboards and boxes around the house but hey, thems are the breaks when you are a wool addict.

After unsuccessfully playing with various wools last night I decided to go to plan B and play with Colour Scheme Designer.  I love this application!  Its got me out of many colour dilemmas.


After a short play I realised that I had the answer all along - this shade of pink goes really well with lime green and teal, two colours I defiantly had in my stash - Yeah me!


Initially I wasn't so sure this would work but when I hand sewed the contrast boarder and created the ties I realised how pretty this combination is (the photos don't do it justice).


To order your custom Skater Girl Beanie purchase a Custom Spot from my hand-made.com.au storefront. Waiting periods apply.

No comments: