Saturday, December 03, 2011

People Who Inspire: Alison Owner of SewGood,KnitToo


I haven't done one of these posts for a while, not because I haven't met anyone inspiring its just that the last couple of months has been pretty hectic both at home and with my business.

Today as I sit here in my hotel room in Sydney* I was thinking about who has inspired me of late and a name popped into my head; 'Alison'. 

Who is Alison, well she is the owner of my local wool shop in Sanctuary Point, SewGood,KnitToo, she has great knowledge on all things yarn and sewing and she was the one who approached me initially about selling my items in her shop and later about teaching crochet.  Initially she inspired me by her having faith in my abilities, in the fact that she thought my wares were worthy of being placed in her shop.

Now days she still inspires the me with the way she conducts herself professionally.  I don't want to go into details as the community I live in is small,  but lets just say that Alison has had her share of crap flung at her this year.  The people should involved should be ashamed of themselves as their actions have been most horrid and down right mean.  But during all of this Alison, who could of retaliated, and I suspect could of really given them a run for their money, has kept her head up high.  She hasn't stooped to their level, instead she stood her ground and took the high road.  I don't know how she has done it, I know I would be a wreak by now and grey.

So this month I salute Alison, a woman who has inspired me to put my faith in God and turn the other cheek.

Christine 

* I'm currently in town catching up with my best mate who has lived in London for the last 4 years, who had one spare night in Sydney which he kindly share with me and I'm seeing the Ballet with my Mum later today.  Yeah!
The Christmas display at SewGood, KnitToo - you can see my Santa Beanie in the back ground of the nativity photo.

No comments: