Friday, December 30, 2011

New Years Resolutions and Plans

 I love this time of year, its that quiet time of year between Christmas and New Years when things are on 'go slow', when you have time to think about the coming year, make some plans and resolutions.

My resolutions and plans are starting to take shape, which is very exciting.  I know one of my resolutions is to loose weight.  There has been way too much crafting and computer time and not enough exercise.  I miss my old body, the one I was happy with, this time next year I don't want to look in the mirror and feel unhappy and I want to look at the mirror and feel healthy and happy.

Another resolution is to learn some new skills, it sounds really nerdy but I want to learn more about HTML coding and the power of social media so I can assit the handmade community, in particular the Handmade Cooperative.   Another resolution is to learn to sew,  I know the basics but I'd like to know more. I'd like to have a go at making some cute things for Miss H and myself.


Another great feature of this time of year is that we are usually on the road, currently we are in Gippsland area and I managed to squeeze in a visit to my online friend Tania, the owner of Chicken Ink Creative and The Contemporary Handmade Alliance.  I've managed to meet two online friends while being in Victoria, both catchups, one with Jeanie from Inspired Wish and today's visit with Tania have been fantastic!  Its so gratifying to meet online friends and walk away liking that person even more than before.  

So what have you got planned for 2012?  
Are you making some resolutions?


3 comments:

Admin said...

Happy Holiday !!!

Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment here.

Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog too.

Jeanie said...

I'm considering buying a camera and learning more about photoshop. Have been checking out courses and excited about learning more about some things I find so much fun! More activity (exercise) is also on my list. *BALANCE* seems to the theme for me.

Deb H. said...

Just catching up on blogs while still on hols. Glad you could meet some online friends. This year to be a better person, no whining, whinging, etc.