Sunday, October 23, 2011

Seven Questions in Seven Mintues: em&femme designs




Name:                      Ilja Oostenenk

Company Name:     em&femme designs

Website:                  www.emandfemme.com.au

Online storefront:   emandfemmedesigns.bigcartel.com

Facebook:               www.facebook.com/emandfemmedesigns


1.    What is your favourite Colour?  
Pink. Pastel pink. After that its red and aqua. All 3 together if possible!


2.    What is your favourite font?
Used to be comic sans ms (boring!), but now I like tartine script. It matches my logo


3.    Who would you like to be stuck next to on a long haul plane trip?
You know, my hubby! I have done many and many long haul flights, and I pretty sure he’s the only one who still loves me in the morning after he’s seen me dribble, heard me snore, and listened to me yap for 12 hours straight. Not to mention he will give me his chocolate!
4.    Who taught you the basics of your craft? 
No one, completely self taught. That’s why I still suck at zippers.


5.    What is your favourite item in your range? 

The twirly skirt, because they are so many options for embellishments, colors, different fabrics etc, and it lasts for ages!!


6.    What is your best seller? 

The kimono dress




7. If there was an academy award for handmade and you won it, to whom would you thank? 

I would thank Alexander Henry for wowing me with his fabrics, and showing me the possibilities other than Spotlight. I would thank Tracey and Trish, my first paying customers I didn’t know, and I will never forget their names (!).  I would thank Mark Zuckerberg for creating Facebook and allowing me to grow my business by ‘word of mouth’, and all the likers & customers that have stayed with me during my journey, but most of all I would thank my family, who’s support have been never ending (I will NOT be the one who leaves out family at the awards), though it’s occasionally taken ice creams and lots of wine to bribe them, to see the benefits of my blood, sweat and tears-though I promise you will not see the latter on my clothes ;P

******

I have admired Ilja's beautiful kimono dress
es for quite some time and I know Miss H would love one as her big thing at the moment is spinning around.  I was delighted when Ilja agreed to be this Month's Miss October ;)

2 comments:

Ilja Oostenenk said...

Ooh how fabulous, thank you so much for featuring me! xx Ilja

Jelly Bean Books said...

What a fabulous feature on one of my all-time favourite FB friends! ~ Christine xx