Friday, July 08, 2011

'No' isn't a dirty word

'NO' isn't a dirty word. In the past I would bend over backwards for customers and sometimes making items which were not within my defined scope.

This year I've decided saying 'NO' isn't a bad thing, actually I've turned this negative word in to a positive one because saying 'No' has enabled me to really focus on what I want to make, what type and quality of yarns I want to use etc. Sure I've lost some sales because I've said "No I won't copy that beanie", "No I'm not going to make that in acrylic yarn", "No I'm not going to sell it for less than its worth".

I smiled this morning when I said NO to an email request because I was really saying YES to keep my brand integrity and YES to spending time with my young family.
REMEMBER:  Enter into my lucky dip by leaving a comment at the botton of my LUCKY DIP post.  Lucky dip includes a Smiggle sheep and either a set of hair clips, headband or brooch.  You have to be in it to win it.

2 comments:

bec said...

yaaay for no! i completely hear you! ;)

plushka said...

Hi! Just found you through Madeit forum and love your blog:)
I am so with you! I am trying to do the same at the moment with my toys. I even got an email recently for a lady saying that she loves certain felt creations but as that handmade company is too busy, she was wondering if I can make the same!!! I have to say no to this sort of requests!

Thank you for sharing! Looking forward following your blog.