Monday, April 11, 2011

Missy Melly: Seven Questions in Seven MInutes

Name: Shan
Company Name: missy melly
Website:  www.mssymelly.com
Online storefront/s: www.madeit.com.au/missymelly and http://www.missymelly.bigcartel.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/missymellyFB
Twitter: twitter.com/missy_melly

1.    What is your favourite colour?  I love red, in many shades. I love deep rich reds and bright cherry reds best

2.    What is your favourite font? Century Gothic

3.    Who would you like to be stuck next to on a long haul plane trip? Richard Branson to my left and Oprah to my right. Both are so inspirational and have many of the values and belief systems I have.

4.    Who taught you the basics of your craft? I am completely self taught only having started sewing 18 months ago.  Google tutorials have been my best friend.

5.    What is your favourite item in your range? At the moment I am loving my new reversible jacket.hey are so adorable on.

6.    What is your best seller? Definitely my peasant dresses. They are so versatile, comfortable and grow with you little princesses.

7.  If there was an academy award for handmade and you won it, to whom would you thank? I would thank my little girls as they are the inspiration behind missy melly. I would thank my husband for always supporting me 100% and believing in me. 

* * * * * * *
Missy Melly turned 1 last week.  Congratulations on a great first year. Missy Melly is a member of the Handmade Cooperative - Australian Handmade 4 Kids, she also sells on madeit.com.au. I made friends with Shan when she bought two of my beanies last year for her gorgeous twin girls.  On a personal note I have found Shan a pleasure to deal with. Miss H has one of Shan's Gnome dresses, she always gets great comments when she wears it.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

That is a cute reversible jacket !! Love it.