Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Boarders and Corners


Sometimes known as edges, boarders in crochet and in knitting are important, they finish off all the hard work you’ve done.  I’ve been on the hunt for a great boarders book for quite awhile, so when I saw Around the Corner Crochet Borders: 150 Colorful, Creative Edging Designs with Charts and Instructions for Turning the Corner Perfectly Every Time in Sew and Tell in Berry today  I was trilled.


I felt like raising my arms up and down and chanting, “We’re not worthy” – I’m showing my age by referring to ‘Wayne’s World’ aren’t I! 

After flicking through the second chapter and then reading the first chapter of this amazing book, I’m proud to proclaim my undying devotion to Edie Eckman!  And it is for one reason only - she turns corners!! 

So many books show these wonderful ornate boarders but they don’t show you how to turn the bloody corner.  Usually I fumble my way through it but to be honest it never works out as well as I think it should. 

There are too many great things to say about this book, I learnt a few things from the section devoted to sewing crochet boarders on woven and felted fabric, her Stitch-Count Math page is so well written that I even understood it, the photography is clear and really brings out the beauty in her boarders and lastly the charts are easy to understand and the instructions are easy to read.

If you haven’t worked out by now – I really like this book!

1 comment:

bec said...

oh i think im in love! if only to look at all the beautiful borders on the cover oooh!